Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to the basics

I  apologize ladies and gentlemen for not getting back to you in a timely fashion. I've just been on vacation for a while. The boys like to go to slippery rock for camp.Then i have the annual family picnic for football,next came the garnet and gray game,and the much loved school clothes shopping-I wonder who everyone wants to be this year! As I move forward on my journey thou school year 2011 I cant help but to take a stroll down memory lane. So here goes the infamous when i was a kid speech. When i was a kid I wore any kinda clothes my mom could afford. I didn't even get new clothes i had to wear hand me downs from my older sister who got them handed down from my oldest sister. Shoes didn't cost $125-  twenty-five maybe if your parents had a lot of money.We got one new outfit other than that we found jobs to get money. I didn't sit in the house all up in grown folks business,I found something to do or would end up washing walls.Talk back and get smacked! Today I ruin my kids lives on a daily basis I never knew how much fun my mom was really having.When I reminisce about the good ol' days all the teenage drama,broken hearts,vanishing friendships and all the other crap,I'm kinda glad to be on the other end of the stick. People often say" if I could turn back the hands of time"- I personally wouldn't.You see when my family tells me that I'm getting to be just like my mother I don't mind.Who wouldn't like being the bane of someones existence? Really I feel like the oatmeal that allows the rest of the family to be pop tarts!

No comments:

Post a Comment